Student Services, Benefits and Aíds


Student Services

Student Services is responsible for general student administration and providing services for the students of Karelia Open UAS. The staff of Student Services will serve and advise you, for example, in issues related to enrolment, right to study, and financial aid. Upon request Student Services also provides you with transcripts of records, after you have successfully completed your courses.

You are welcome to visit the Student Services office on Tikkarinne campus, E building (Tikkarinne 9, 80200 Joensuu).
Student Services office is open Mon-Thu at 10 - 14, Fri closed tel. +358 (0)13 260 6412 This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Library and Information Services

As a student of Karelia Open UAS, you are welcome to use the Karelia University of Applied Sciences Library.


As a student at Open UAS, you are entitled to use Karelia UAS IT services. You will receive a Karelia UAS user name that enables you to use the following services: email, Moodle learning environment, remote access to library databases, signing in to UAS computers.

Student Intranet

Pakki portal contains information for students on studies and services provided by Karelia UAS. You can login to Pakki with Karelia UAS user name.

Student Counselling

As a student at Open UAS, you are entitled to use Karelia UAS student counselling services.

Benefits and Aids

Students at Open UAS are not usually eligible for student grant or meal subsidy cards issued by Kela. However, if you are a Study Path Programme student, you can get a meal subsidy card from the Student Services office on Tikkarinne campus. The card is valid in all Amica restaurants on Karelia campuses.

If you are unemployed and a customer of TE Services (employment office), please ensure your right to study before enrolment.

Student Register

As a student at Open UAS, your personal information is registered and your study attainments are entered into the Karelia UAS student register, Winha. After your studies, you will be able to get a certificate or a transcript of records of your studies by ordering one from Student Services.